Constitution Station – Brussels
Studies for structural work and finishing of the new Toots Thie-lemans station and tunnels (metro and tram) connecting to the existing infrastructure.
The works are as follows:
- the Toots Thielemans station (section C4a), under Avenue de Stalingrad and Boulevard du Midi, approximately 325 m in length;
- the Lemonnier station (section CH3), under Boulevard du Midi, approximately 250 m in length,
- two metro tunnel sections:
- a metro tunnel approx. 250 m long, partially under the Palais du Midi, between the existing track under Boulevard Lemonnier and the new station,
- a metro tunnel between the new station and the existing Midi station (approx. 275 m), under Constitution Square and Boulevard Jamar.
- tunnel bored under the water table, beneath existing buildings (optimisation of the alignment, choice of tunnel excavation methods, underpinning of the foundations of the Palais du Midi, etc.),
- preservation of the existing buildings and works (located above and close to the track Senne underground river, floodwater evacuator, existing tunnels, railway viaduct, etc.),
- limitation of impact on (pre)metro and tram operation,
- study of works phasing to limit nuisance and traffic disruption on the surface,
- deviation and/or integration of a major Vivaqua sewer node present in the tunnel right-of-way,
- coordination of the prior deviation of the utilities companies,
- appropriation of an existing tunnel for later use as a founda-tion for a multi-storey building,
- taking into account of the future platform walls.
Complete architecture and stability mission in association with Systra and Sumproject.