F1 race track of Spa-Francorchamps
The circuit alterations principally consist in:
- the modification of the chicane and of the running track in order to have a rectilinear pit lane ;
- the construction of new paddocks in accordance with the latest FIA standards, with 12 stands and 36 garages ;
- the construction of buildings composed of rooms for commentators, podium, stewards and reception rooms and restaurant ;
- the fitting of car parks, access tunnels and by-passes in order to improve the accessibility and the security nearby the racing circuit;
- the construction of a 3-levels car park for 250 cars and 36 trucks ;
- the construction of new fixed grandstands with covered seats.
The 200 000 m³ earthworks are balanced with excavation and embankment in an irregular ground.
Study of stability from the conception (tender) to the works execution