Sluice of Papignies
Studies for replacing the two existing beam structures with a new automatic moving dam, with two 8-metre wide bays.
Each bay is equipped with a metal sluice gate, itself operated by an oil-hydraulic cylinder.
The project includes:
- a set of technical installations housed in a building constructed on the central pier approximately 4 metres wide.
- a new concrete bridge across the two sections to carry traffic on the Rue de l’Ecluse.
- the dam, located on a new branch of the river Dendre, almost one kilometre long, will have:
- an upstream channel constructed with sheet pilings under the flotation level, with plantable gabions on top,
- a downstream trapezoidal channel designed with revetments and plantable gabions.
The presence of a thick layer of peat makes the geotechnical context problematic. For this reason, the dam is set on concrete piles.
Mission preliminary design, building permit, design and H&S coordination (on behalf of SPW). Construction designs (on behalf of the contractor)